Hellen Keller said, “ Blindness cuts us off from things, but deafness cuts us off from people”.
We already know hearing loss causes loneliness, now add these trying times and the fear of not being able to hear important news broadcasts on the phone or TV or participate in a conversation with your family, especially on the phone. During a crisis, it is even more important than ever to stay connected. We are here to help to keep you connected at all times!
I am glad to announce that we will be open from Monday the 4th of May. Due to the current Lockdown, very strict measures are being put in place for your safety as well as ours!
Here are our practice protocols and what you can expect:
- We will operate on an appointment-only basis, and therefore you will have to make a booking for hearing tests, repairs or fittings.
- Proof of Appointment: We can email proof of your appointment, which you can keep with you when travelling to us.
- Appointments can be made via:
Whatsapp – 072 275 2706
Email – email@example.com
Telephone – 013 243 5756
- Please inform us if you experience any flu-like symptoms (fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath and loss of smell/taste) or have been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or suspected of having, COVID-19 and we will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
- Please wear a mask as per health department regulations.
- Your temperature will be checked before you enter the practice.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands with sanitiser (supplied at practice).
- Physical distancing will be promoted at all times.
- If possible, we ask that you arrive at your appointments alone to limit contact with others and to reduce any risk of exposure – max of two people per appointment.
NB! New “normal – adaptions to assist you!
- The labs, suppliers and courier companies are not working at full capacity yet, so orders may take a couple of days longer than usual.
- All repairs will be taken by Lindi to the suppliers, to ensure you receive your hearing aids back as soon as possible without unnecessary delay.
- If your hearing aids are broken or need to be serviced we can arrange a DIRECT – Patient repair service ( staff member/courier) will pick up and deliver your hearing aid to your home.
- We will also make use of a “Drive Through” service – you park your car in our Private Parking Area and we will come to you for assistance with hearing aid accessories or a mini service of your hearing aid, or even if you need your hearing aids adjusted.
- You can also contact us about Tele -Audiology services – at this stage we will be able to help you with technical adjustments and to sort out the most common concerns and counselling.
- We will also be able to do diagnostic hearing tests in the comfort of your own home.
- We request all payments to be made via EFT or Debit/Credit Card where possible.
Collection of Hearing aids:
- Care will be taken to thoroughly wipe and sanitise your parcel before it gets handed to you, but please do so again at home.
- If you prefer your hearing aid can be pre-programmed at our office and adjustments can be made in the comfort of your home using tele-audiology.
- We have educated staff on the effects and symptoms of COVID-19 in-line with the WHO and NICD guidelines as well as the recommended social distancing protocols required.
- We will wear masks and of professional protective face shields.
- Only one staff member will assist you at a time.
- All equipment and work surfaces will be wiped down after every examination.
- The practice will be sanitized twice a day.
- Our operating times will vary, according to the on-going developments.
- We have also adjusted our consultation times to allow for sanitizing in-between patients.
- Most importantly, we ask you to please continue with universal precautionary measures – hand hygiene, avoiding physical contact (including shaking of hands) & cough/ sneeze etiquette.
- For more information, please visit the National Institute for Communicable Diseases website – http://www.nicd.ac.za/
The Most Important Message to Remember:
In these uncertain times, we have to stand together Middelburg Hearing Centre is committed to walking an extra 2 miles with you, to ensure effective communication at all times. We truly care about you; please contact us we will make a plan to assist you, even if it has to be untraditional measures – we are in this together.
Thank you for the ongoing support we are truly blessed to have you part of our Middelburg Hearing Centre Family